Re: Uploaders "policy"

On Jan 16, 2008 9:21 PM, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 08:29:27AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > * Vincent Fourmond [2008-01-11 00:14:05 CET]:
> > >   Additionally, lintian complains when you're the last one to have
> > > committed changes to it but is not listed in the Maintainers field ;-)...
> >
> >  Erm, and right it is about doing that! Bugs won't get properly closed
> > with the changelog entry if the person that signes the changes isn't in
> > Maintainer or Uploaders. So if the changelog containes some Closes:
> > message it *has* to be the name of someone listed in Uploaders.
>
> Huh?  Are you saying that NMUs can't use the Closes: mechanism to close
> bugs?  Or sponsored uploads, for that matter, since the uploaded changes
> file is only signed by the sponsor, not by the person changing the
> files.

    I was under the impression that it was the Changed-By: header in
the .changes file that was checked against the Uploaders+Maintainer
field, rather than the signature (which allows sponsoring), and that
bugs fixed by others would appear as Fixed-in-NMU rather than Closed
in te BTS (although this may be determined by version number rather
than a check against the Maintainer/Uploaders: this impression is not
based on code review).

--
Emmet HIKORY