Re: list of orphaned / RFA games

Uwe Hermann wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 09:34:05PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
scottfree -- Interpreter for Adventure International games
No upstream update since 1998?  Removal?
Ack, RMed

NACK, ITA'd.
Are you going to bring it in to the games team? I was going to do that this morning.
sarien -- An interpreter for AGI resources
Probably should be removed.  Sounds like scummvm has replaced it.
requested.

Did you check whether there are games which work in sarien but not in
scummvm (yet)?

quake2 -- improved version of id Software's Quake II engine
I filed an ITA but should probably be removed.
ack, RM requested.

Is another quake2 engine available in Debian which you can use to play
the original game data (and/or the shareware data)? I don't want this to
be removed if there's no alternative. If nobody else steps up I might
volunteer to maintain it.

It has an RC bug that can't be fixed from people that I have talked too. What good is that going to do? If it is that important, let's package another engine quickly.

nagi -- game interpreter for Sierra Online (tm) AGI games
Also replaced by scummvm?
RM requested.

Did you check whether there are games which work in nagi but not in
scummvm (yet)?

No, I asked the question, I didn't ask for the removal.
pouetchess -- 3D chess game
Probably should be removed. We already have 3dchess and dreamchess which at least work properly.
ack, RM requested.

NACK, ITA'd.

Why?

Uwe.