Re: FW: Some of your Debian packages might need attention

On Jan 10, 2008 11:04 AM, Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org> wrote:
> >   Is that a SVG to png/jpeg conversion ?
>
> No, it's a lot more complex, and I'm not sure if inkscape is actually
> able to do it. :-)
>
> At the moment the source image is an xcf with 11 layers.  The scripts
> shows, hides, mirrors and rotates them and saves 33 images in the
> process.  Those images are the tiles which are used by the program
> (simple pixmaps with no transparency).
>
> The problem is that every time a new version of the gimp is released,
> there's a chance that the script no longer works.  History has shown
> that that chance is in fact pretty high.  So that's why I wouldn't mind
> using a different image processor.  But I do want to keep generating the
> images, because it'd be annoying to need to change 23 images to make a
> modification in the way the mirror looks.

  You should be able to go with convert, then (ImageMagick). convert
is extremely powerful and quite stable (it has too, it is a
command-line-only tool). convert natively reads XCF images, and I
would be very surprised if it doesn't keep layer information (I didn't
have time to check though). If you want, I may dig into that sometime
soon. I'll need some explanations probably about what is currently
being done.

  Cheers,

      Vincent