Re: FW: Some of your Debian packages might need attention

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 10:12:54AM +0100, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> On Jan 10, 2008 10:06 AM, Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org> wrote:
> > That is a problem, but the build failure on alpha is a different one.
> > The gimp script for generating the tiles seems to hang again.  A friend
> > suggested to use inkscape instead of the gimp.  That would of course
> > require a rewrite of the script, but if it means the interpreter isn't
> > changing its syntax all the time, I think it's worth it.
>
>   Is that a SVG to png/jpeg conversion ?

No, it's a lot more complex, and I'm not sure if inkscape is actually
able to do it. :-)

At the moment the source image is an xcf with 11 layers.  The scripts
shows, hides, mirrors and rotates them and saves 33 images in the
process.  Those images are the tiles which are used by the program
(simple pixmaps with no transparency).

The problem is that every time a new version of the gimp is released,
there's a chance that the script no longer works.  History has shown
that that chance is in fact pretty high.  So that's why I wouldn't mind
using a different image processor.  But I do want to keep generating the
images, because it'd be annoying to need to change 23 images to make a
modification in the way the mirror looks.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html