Re: Another orphaned game: shisen.app

On 04/01/2008, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:

> OK, shisen.app should be OK now also.  I haven't done the new upstream
> yet because I need to update the patches I made.  I also am doing
> something weird in clean: because it needs to be patched in order to do
> 'gs_make clean distclean' so I'm not sure if there is a better solution
> there or not.

IMO, this kind of situations warrant changes of the original source
outside the debian dir, so that the source is in a sane state. OTOH,
care must be taken since changes outside of debian/ can lead to weird
situations when a new source would contain the old patched file(s) if
the version bump after a new upstream release is not handled properly
(AFAIK svn-upgrade should do the right thing).

EddyP