Re: Possible Transition from SVN to Git?

Joey Hess wrote:
> Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>> Any thoughts from the rest of the people?
>
> Personally, I maintain quite a lot of games, outside the games team,
> because the team's current practice of keeping only debian/ in svn is
> far more complication and bother than I want to deal with. Also because
> I hate all the dpatch/etc systems that it requires. I think it's a pity
> that I effectively can't work in this team due to repository choices
> that it's made. I have some hope that if the team decides to package
> some of its games using git, it will make choices that I can bear to
> live with. (All my games are packaged using git already.)

  (stupid?) question: would it hurt to have two repositories for the
team ? One in SVN, one in git ? Of course, each package should be in one
repository only (else, that would be a mess).

  It's just a thought, but it might be the answer to this thread - why
impose git or svn if we can use both in an independent fashion ?
[please, don't flame me ;-) !]

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--