Re: Possible Transition from SVN to Git?

2007/12/31, Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com>:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have used git-buildpackage and maintain a package that's maintained
> at git.debian.org. I've seen the many advantages that git has over
> SVN. I want to know the thoughts of anyone here for a possible
> transition of the Debian Games SVN repository over to git.

Hi Andres!

Thanks for the suggestion, AFAIK git has lot of benefits from svn,
especially merging branches. We don't seem to have many different
branches anyway, and I a bit concerned that using git would make a
harder learning curve for newcomers to the team. I, for one, don't
know how to use git. I could learn anyway. bzr might also be an
option, but I wonder if it's worth going all through the pain of
changing the versioning system for not so big benefits.

In any case, thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it :) I was even
considering proposing that kind of change some months ago, but decided
it wasn't worth it.

Any thoughts from the rest of the people?

Greetings and happy new year,
Miry