Re: Irrlamb Debian package

Hello Gonéri,
please be aware that getdeb is not a private repository. It is a young community driven/oriented project.
I am the founder and leader, but it is the  significant user's feedback and a few persons which have engaged into it,as packagers, translators, or just people which have interest on the project which are responsible for keeping it alive.

Now the answers for your questions:

1. Why not Ubuntu and Debian ?
Ubuntu/Debian follow strict release cycles which match their own QA (Debian) an/or roadmap (Ubuntu) which do not meet application specific roadmaps and which fail to meet user's expectations and can even result on interoperability problems ( e.g. game upgrades including incompatible network protocol changes).

2. Are you interested to join our team to do collaborative work and have
your package directly in Debian/Ubuntu?
Thank you for the invitation, unfortunately I do not have enough spare time. If there is some way we can improve our collaboration, count with me, preferably if we can do it automated. Please note that some of the Getdeb packages are already built from Debian Games Team sources/rules or contributors.

3. Some of the games entered Debian/Ubuntu some month ago, can you add a note about
that on the game pages?
The presented packages match the distribution version selected by the users, there is no package for a particular release which is available for that specific release, at least not the same version (unless we did some dumb duplicated work).
We will implement an "official repositories search feature", which will tell the users that that game/application is already available on the repositories, however there is no due date for this yet.

4. And the last question, can we use your Debian source files?
Yes. If I missed the GPL notice on the debian packaging itself and you have such requirement just send me a note or to the packaging author listed on the copyright info.

Please be advised, GetDeb packages may not meet Debian/Ubuntu policies or guidelines, there are plenty  of exceptions that we found acceptable, we understand that some of those exceptions may lead to less quality compared to official packages, that is something we widely accept, as long we keep them reliable.
We not not provide yet APT repositories for the same reason, is is far more easy to identify problems on no-so-automated releases specially when you have fewer people to manage them.
We do understand the risks of providing .debs without any type of integrity or authentication checking.

Thank you