Re: supertux 0.3.0

I demand that Cyril Brulebois may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> (05/01/2007):
>> One issue: the level "Light and Magic" causes the game to hang (r200
>> driver) or abort (i810) with an "already locked" message. This is already
>> fixed (well, worked around) upstream, but another change there makes that
>> level slow, as if using software rendering.

> Thank for your report; if no acceptable solution is available at the
> moment, would this be a candidate for a KNOWN BUGS section in the manpage?

Setting LIGHTMAP_DIV to 4 (as it is in src/video/drawing_context.cpp in
0.3.0) is enough to fix the speed problem here. However, while it should
certainly be fast enough on newish hardware, I can imagine that it'd be a bit
slow on P3 or equivalent.

[snip]
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

Expenditure rises to meet income.