Re: please review pokerth 0.6 in svn

I didn't check the code, but I have some comments about what you wrote:

> 1. will FTBFS when built twice in a row (make distclean does not remove
> libs/*)

This is also an upstream bug, I suppose?  Then it's best to fix it in
their makefile(.am)s, and send the patch upstream as well.

If it's only a Debian issue, or if it's somehow hard to find out how to
fix it upstream, you can just remove the files from the clean target of
debian/rules of course.

> 3. ships duplicate fonts in orig.tar.gz (lintian complains)

Lintian has some checks on the upstream tarball, which you cannot fix
yourself.  The solution is simply to send a bug report upstream and wait
for them to fix it.  You should not override the warning; the problem
still exists, you just can't fix it.

> 4. ships an empty avatars folder (lintian complains)

This is something that can be used in an override.  Alternatively, you
can add code to postinst/prerm to create and remove the directory (don't
make prerm fail if the directory can't be removed), or you can make sure
the program can create the directory itself if it finds it missing.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html