Re: Another orphaned game: antigrav

Vincent Fourmond wrote:
Barry deFreese wrote:
<snip>
 But I thought changing source directly was a no-no in Debian?

  I don't really understand what you mean there. In a classical package,
you can modify whatever you want in the unpacked tarball, dpkg-source
will add appropriate entries in the diff for every file you touched. So,
in this meaning, you don't modify the source, you just change it via the
debian diff.

  However, many DDs believe that it is much more elegant if the debian
diff stays within the debian/ directory, and in this case, you need to
apply patches at build time. This is also much more convenient with
svn-buildpackage. That is this approach I recommend, and if I understood
you right, this is what you're currently doing.

<snip>
Right, this is what I meant. I always thought it was more "required" to use a patch system when touching the upstream source. Thanks.
  Cheers,

	Vincent

Thanks again,

Barry