Re: Let's use ViewVC instead of WebSVN web frontend for Subversion

On Thursday 13 December 2007 13:18, Jens Seidel wrote:
> No, this isn't true.To be honest I missed this in the past as well so it
> seems not very intuitive (??) but it is indeed very simple:
> Just click on the revision number (second column) of a directory in a view
> such as http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/. That's
> all!

Ah, okay. But it is different for directories, compare these two:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/?op=log
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/?view=log
WebSVN shows the log messages of all items below packages/trunk/ whereas
ViewVC only shows the log messages of commits that affected packages/trunk/
directly.
The advantage of how WebSVN shows those logs is in my POV that one can get a
quick overview of the latest changes in a specific directory. In ViewCV you
have to examine every single file to see what was recently changed. Or am I
wrong about this again? :)

Grüße,
Frank
--