Re: Orphaned clanlib package

Michael Koch schrieb:
On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 07:30:02PM +0100, Patrick Matthäi wrote:

We're talking about a package, which will be delivered to unstable. It's
for testing etc.
I think there are more than the package trophy that are waiting for
clanlib 0.8.
And I think this topic hasn't got any discussion topic, because it's
currently simply "unmaintained".

I've added my sponsor Michael Koch to CC, because maybe he thinks I could
maintain this or not and maybe he knows any solution for this orphaned
package.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself.  The package *is* maintained and is in
the Games Team SVN and is pretty much ready to upload.  If you upload it,
you immediately break clanbomber and epiphany. (Though I'm trying to build
epiphany 0.7.0 right now which does not use clanlib).  You still have
clanbomber to worry about.  Someone is either going to have to fix
clanbomber to work with clanlib 0.8 or package up clanbomber2 (And I
haven't investigated enough yet to know if it is just a re-write without
clanlib or if it is a different game altogether).

Thanks,

Barry deFreese

I'm sorry, but I'm interested to see trophy work :)
It's nice to see, that someone is realy working on this package. But for
fucking sake, he has to take the ownership of the WNPP bug and have to
rename it to ITP: *...

Please cool down and take a deep breath. The world is cool. The package
is maintained. And there are reasons to not imidiately upload a new
upstream version package.

;-)

Cheers,
Michael

I'm sorry that I've become a little bit aggressive.
I was disappeared, that I've searched for a new maintainer and that I've worked too a little bit on this package and then I've get an answer, that it will be maintained, without no notification on WNPP.

So I think we could close this discussion and wait on the results of the new maintainer :)

Good evening!

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
Patrick Matthäi

E-Mail: patrick.matthaei@web.de
Homepage: http://www.Linux-Dev.org/