Re: Orphaned clanlib package

Patrick Matthäi wrote:
Barry deFreese schrieb:

Patrick Matthäi wrote:
Stefan Potyra schrieb:
Hi,

Am Samstag 01 Dezember 2007 11:27:27 schrieb Patrick Matthäi:
Hello Maintainers,

I'm searching for a new maintainer for the orphaned package clanlib.

Here are some informations about the package:

WNPP: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=414533
p.d.o: http://packages.debian.org/clanlib
PTS: http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/clanlib.html
Upstream Version: 0.8
Maintainer Version: 0.6.5-1-4

I need this package maintained and in version 0.8, because I want to
maintain trophy and on the other hand, it's for some other applications
outdated, too.

I think I haven't got enough experience yet to maintain such a library
package, maybe later, but not at the moment.

So hopefully someone will adopt it. :)

FWIW Sam already packaged the new upstream version [1] inside the games team (CC'ed), but didn't upload it yet since it would break rdepends. Any news here?

Cheers,
   Stefan.
--
[1]: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2007-April/003286.html>
And why he hasn't set the ownership of the wnpp bug to himself and renamed it as an ITP one?

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
Patrick Matthäi

E-Mail: patrick.matthaei@web.de
Homepage: http://www.Linux-Dev.org/

Patrick,

Right now both clanbomber and epiphany use clanlib. I have tried to build both of them with 0.8 without much success. I know there is a clanbomber2 available that doesn't use clanlib but not sure about epiphany. You are certainly welcome to help get clanbomber and/or epiphany working with 0.8. :-) I'll even post the new clanlib somewhere for you if you wish.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese

But I think this is a wrong solution.

We're talking about a package, which will be delivered to unstable. It's for testing etc. I think there are more than the package trophy that are waiting for clanlib 0.8. And I think this topic hasn't got any discussion topic, because it's currently simply "unmaintained".

I've added my sponsor Michael Koch to CC, because maybe he thinks I could maintain this or not and maybe he knows any solution for this orphaned package.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself. The package *is* maintained and is in the Games Team SVN and is pretty much ready to upload. If you upload it, you immediately break clanbomber and epiphany. (Though I'm trying to build epiphany 0.7.0 right now which does not use clanlib). You still have clanbomber to worry about. Someone is either going to have to fix clanbomber to work with clanlib 0.8 or package up clanbomber2 (And I haven't investigated enough yet to know if it is just a re-write without clanlib or if it is a different game altogether).

Thanks,

Barry deFreese