Re: Request for packages to sponsor

On Nov 13, 2007 3:14 PM, Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> wrote:

>   Hello Andres,
>
> Andres Mejia wrote:
> >>   As you may already know, ftpmaster is back[1]. So please post your
> >> sponsor requests on the debian-devel-games lists, as I feel in a
> >> sponsoring mood, and I probably missed many RFS...
> >
> > Would you please sponsor these packages?
> >
> > alien-arena and alien-arena-data
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/a/alien-arena/alien-arena_6.10-1.dsc
>
>   Hmm... The copyright file states that alien-arena is copyright by  COR
> Entertainment, LLC, but nearly all the files are copyright by Id
> Software, Inc... Is that the same company ?

No. Actually id Software, Inc is the company that released their
source code under GPL for one of two of their Quake engines, which is
what Alien Arena uses. Alien Arena uses the Quake II engine with their
own modifications to be more specific. I'll fix that in the copyright
file for alien-arena. I'll be uploading in a moment.

> > vegastrike and vegastrike-data
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/vegastrike/vegastrike_0.4.3.debian-3.dsc
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/vegastrike-data/vegastrike-data_0.4.3-5.dsc
>
>   I mentioned already several times on this list that there were also
> copyright problems in this package. Before uploading, I need at the very
> least to know if the src/boost* code is used for compilation. If not,
> we'll just strip that down - else, we'll have to go through a very
> tedious listing of copyrights...

I've mentioned this already, vegastrike uses the debian boost
libraries. src/boost* code could be removed, but then another orig
tarball will have to be uploaded. I think it's easier to just use
what's written in the copyright file of the debian boost libraries.

>   Moreover, I mentioned a serious problem in #449475. I don't have
> time/energy/knowlegde of vegastrike to check whether these files are in
> use - or could be replaced. When the usage of the boost code is
> clarified, I will upload it as it would take two RC bugs down, which
> would leave only this problem to be dealt with.

I mentioned that this looks to have two copyright owners, both
licensing their work under different terms. It's probably best to ask
about this in debian-legal.

In regards to vegastrike, if someone wants to take care of these other
issues, feel free. I'm currently not interested in fixing anymore bugs
for vegastrike.

> > warsow and warsow-data
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/w/warsow/warsow_0.32.dfsg-1.dsc
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/non-free/w/warsow-data/warsow-data_0.32-1.dsc
>
>   These ones are fine. I've just uploaded warsow, and warsow-data will
> follow (not so soon, as I only have 80kB/s for upload, and 2*92M is
> slightly heavy). Somewhat later tonight.

Thanks. I see that both have already been accepted. :)

Andres Mejia