Re: Request for comments/help: quake2

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
Barry deFreese wrote:
I was working on trying to fix up quake2 so it doesn't get removed. However I'm running in to a few issues I am having problems resolving. If anyone could help out I'd appreciate it.

Files can be found here:  http://www.bddebian.com/packages/debian/quake2/

I should be removed and replaced by one of the still maintained forks.
quake2 has long-standing, unfixed security issues and is dead upstream.

Cheers,
        Moritz
Yeah after talking to folks on #quakeforge it sounds like that is the case. Though it sounds like just about all of them have their issues.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese