Re: gothicx-guest commit problems

On 18/10/2007, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can also see that people are not convinced about ACLs being a
> solution to these kind of problems, a technical solution not being
> able to handle what are human problems, and having more cons that
> pros. What do you all think about it?

I will pipe up even though after holidays, being ill and having enough
stress for three of me, I did not do any actual work, yet :/

Solving social problems through technical means is almost always bound
to fail or, at the least, inconvenience the participants. Even though it
is the quickest fix, a slower fix, like mentoring within the games team,
would have a _lot_ more long-term benefit.

As this group is non-malicious and gothicx-guest's changes seem to be
mis-guided but in good faith, I would prefer a social solution.

Richard

PS: Nice to see that you are back :)