Re: XS-DM-Upload-Allowed

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 08:50:04PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 07:09:34PM +0200, Ricardo Mones wrote:
> >   I fail to follow your reasoning here, if you don't like the packaging you
> > should say so, as you're not the maintainer, just a sponsor, and not change
> > it to fit your likings without consent. Not fixing the RC bug on time is
> > responsibility of the maintainer for not providing a good packaging, not
> > yours.
>
> I'm sorry, but that's not how I see things.  IMO I help the maintainer
> get the package in good shape.  The result is a package which has a bit
> of me and a lot of the maintainer.  Doing an extra iteration for some
> last details is just not worth the time.  The package was good, and I

I fully agree. I thank Bas for sponsoring it immediately without
requiring to prepare a further upload. Such communications delay the
upload easily by a few days and I tried already earlier to fix the
errors.

To be honest I didn't noticed that a further flag was added even though
I'm subscribed to the svn commit list (and read the patches). I know it
shouldn't happen and I will be more carefully in the future (and checked
today also previous commits) ...

Jens