Re: Question: transitioning towards XDG Base Directory Specification?

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 04:16:43PM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> Yup, but is it worth moving forward to support XDG?

In case I wasn't clear in my previous e-mail: I think we should.  But I
think (as everyone else I've heard so far) it's not a good idea to fork
for this.  So only for the games where we are effectively upstream
already (at least for the user-settings parts).

> I never heard of it before today either, but if it comes from
> freedesktop it might make sense.

In case it makes any difference to you, pioneers is using the XDG
approach for some time already.  We got a bug report about it ("Why
isn't your data in ~/.pioneers?"), but for the rest it works fine. :-)
And I'm certainly in favour of reducing dot{files,directories}.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html