Re: Question: transitioning towards XDG Base Directory Specification?

2007/9/17, Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at>:
>  We should actively encourage upstream to adopt to it, not do it just
> for ourself.  There are several reasons behind it (not doing it just for
> ourself), including having to maintain patchsets and being able to offer
> a proper backward compatibility layer.

Well, leaving apart the fact that we should engourage active upstreams
to do so and blah blah blah, no one has answered ma question about
whether we should support it or not.

Some of my windows upstream won't add that support to their release
even if I sent them the patches, and others are simply not planning
any new release. Those who we can cooperate with, I agree we should
move our decision upstream. That's another debate, but what I want to
know if is anyone thinks we should adopt that standard, or just keep
using dotdirs as we'Re doing now. Or ignore the problem and whatever
happens in each package.

Greetings,
Miry