vegastrike packages downloaded from sourceforge

I've been meaning to do some work with vegastrike by writing some
missing manpages and taking out the use of the rebootstrap patch and
using autotools instead. I did notice a problem when downloading the
package again. There was no vssetup directory, yet there is one in the
orig tarball. Here's what the copyright file says.

"It was downloaded from www.sourceforge.net/projects/vegastrike
from the CVS repository tagged vegastrike_0_4_3"

I checked out this tag, yet it wasn't there. It was however under the
tag vegastrike_0_2_9. Anyone know why this is?

Andres Mejia