Re: Preliminaries remarks on Frets on Fire

I've added the necessary commands to get-orig-source so that the source of the translations are obtained too for this release. In the future they're gonna be included in the source file according to upstream, so no problem.

I don't want it to be a blocking issue for the upload, but I plan to change some of the strings in the translations at least ('es', minimum), maybe in the game too, because they're too sexist for me, especially this one:

msgid "I am your new god, little girls."
msgstr "Yo soy tu nuevo dios, nenaza."

Suggestions are welcome,
Miry

2007/5/24, Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx>:
On Tue May 22 19:37, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> > The point of the Debian's Game Team is to do collaborative maintenance of
> > the packages, so that the results would be much better than if anyone has
> > done everything alone. Feel free to upload your changes to SVN. We have a
> > quick guide on how our SVN is organized at http://wiki.debian.org/Games/SVN
> > , and the conclussion about how we want to handle our packages at
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Games/ToolsDiscuss . Thanks for your help, welcome
> > to the group! :)
>
> Ok, I've removed the post* scripts, this change was trivial..
> I let you decide for the menu, either remove it and replace it by a .desktop
> or add an .xpm icon. My point is that both .desktop and menu would be nice.

I've managed to create a (hopefully vaguely) nice xpm icon (the previous
attempts were an orange blob) and also added a desktop file. I hope
that's all I need to do for a desktop file, since I couldn't find any
debian-specific documentation.

> For the libGL dependency, it is not clear wether the python-gl package pulls
> the required library since it depends on xlibmesa-gl | libgl1, xlibmesa-glu |
> libglu1, and one of them could not ship the required binary...

Well, xlibmesa-gl has a hard dependency on libgl1-mesa-glx, which
contains it and libgl1 is not a package in the archive. Given the name
though, any package which provided libgl1 should really contain
libGL.so.1.... . The only dependency I can think of sensibly adding would
be xlibmesa-gl | libgl1, which seems redundant. Quite why/how you have
an install not containing libGL.so.1 I don't know. Perhaps you could
investigate what is satisfying those dependencies so we can investigate?

> dh_install is up to maintainer as I said..

Ok, I've moved some of the stuff dh_install can't to do build and done
the rest with dh_install.

I've also had another look at the songs package and made a few similar
changes.

Everything has been rebuilt (signed with the key I can use from work) at
http://mjj29.matthew.ath.cx/debian-upload/fretsonfire/ and is in svn.

Thanks,
Matt
--