Re: FretsOnFire

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Uwe Hermann wrote:

I suggest to just replace the songs with free ones. Search for some
GPL'd music, maybe from other games in Debian or so...
Or get some public domain music from archive.org or other sources.
There's tons of Creative Commons music out there, but I'm not sure that
can be packaged in Debian, I remember the current CC licenses have
problems. CC licenses >= version 3 (not yet released) might be better.

I was going to post to debian-legal asking what licences are recommended
for these sorts of things.

Note: I never used or played FretsOnFire, so I don't know what I'm
talking about :)

The problem is that you need a separate guitar track to the main backing
track. Many of the community-contributed tracks are done with low-pass
filters, but they aren't nearly as good; the ones shipped with the game
should be done properly.

I've asked a few people who record reasonable quality music and have had
some good responses so far (http://www.j5live.com/?p=329, the drooling
macaques are a group of GNOME devs who played at the GNOME summit this
year).

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson