Re: Improve quality of packages in SVN and of uploads

> On 26/07/06, Eddy PetriÅ?or <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you think?
> Do we have a spare machine to do this. I could do most of the things
> for automation and SVN related things.
I can provide a UltraSparc for that. We can create a public repository
with these packages for people who want to help.
For me the main problem is the need of an unified build process.

Some packages that uses svn-buildpackage (like Boson) and don't have there
tarball in tarballs/ because of there size.
Therefore we need a script for that.

So i suggest to have a scripts/pacakge.sh for such case that call
svn-buildpackage if needed after.

If no scripts/pacakge.sh file exists we can use svn-buildpackage as the
default solution.

Something i want to see is to have EVERY package directly in
trunk/packages/. No more trunk/package/package-data and
trunk/package/package-data. This will reduct the complexity for scripting.

Regards,

      Gonéri