Re: cdbs?? Why?

At 1152808111 past the epoch, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> Totally understandable, I would do the same too. I think
> the reason for wanting an standard tool base is that you
> don't need to know every single tool available in Debian
> to know how a package is handled..
>
> Do you think we should start a new thread on that topic? I
> thought there was consensus in using debhelper and svn,
> and trying to avoid dpatch as far as I can remember, but
> it can be talked about, of course.

I think a list of group-accepted packaging conventions
should be decided on and stuck in the wiki :-) Perhaps
Games/Development/Tools.

Whilst we're at it, for svn-buildpackage things, do we go
with mergeOnUpstream or not? It looks like a good idea to
me, but I see jmm dropped it for prboom (not sure why).

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/