RE: cdbs?? Why?

 --- Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> escribió:

> Hi!
>
> While working on the upload request queue of our request tracker, I
> noticed some packages have been moved to cdbs recently.  May I ask you
> why?  IIRC we discussed that topic shortly after we founded that group,
> and agreed, that we should stick with plain debhelper (but I'm too lazy
> to search for that thread in the archive).

Yes, I remember that too. The thread I remember was here:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2006-January/000140.html

> Even if I fixed those FTBFS bugs (PLEASE!  Test your packages with
> pbuilder before asking for uploads!), I won't upload a package, as long
> as I can't reconstruct, why an arch: all packages with some data for a
> game, needs several kdelibs and headers.
>
> And no, I won't read all these lines, to try to understand it:
> $ wc -l debian/rules $(grep include debian/rules|cut -f 2 -d" ")
>    10 debian/rules
>   160 /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk
>    61 debian/cdbs/cmake.mk
>   239 /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
>   470 total

Totally understandable, I would do the same too. I think the reason for
wanting an standard tool base is that you don't need to know every single tool
available in Debian to know how a package is handled..

Do you think we should start a new thread on that topic? I thought there was
consensus in using debhelper and svn, and trying to avoid dpatch as far as I
can remember, but it can be talked about, of course.

I think we should try to make it easy for our sponsor DDs to understand the
packages at a glance so that it won't be a bottleneck having to study them.

Greetings,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com