Re: tarballs - why in SVN?

"Eddy Petriÿor" <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> writes:

>> In what cases would you be forced to check that out?
>
> Since I tried to build boson 0.12, which is unreleased and the only
> place to get the orig tarball from was to check it from SVN. Since SVN
> is capable of cheking out only directories, I was forced to checkout
> 130MB of orig tarballs, instead of only getting one file of 2.2 MB.

Hm. I see. But, couldn't you have download the tarball from
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/tarballs/boson_0.12dfsg1.orig.tar.gz?op=file
instead? That's only 2.2 MB download.

About your other suggestion, I think it is a good idea to use svn
properties to point to the orig.tar.gz. If it will be used by tools
like svn-buildpackage, even better.

I'd even recommend to point them to the alioth svn interface, just as
the link above. Its more or less plain http after all.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4