Re: RFS: Mupen64 -- Nintendo 64 emulator and plugins

On 5/7/06, Ryan Schultz <schultz.ryan@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for checking, I always have to cross my fingers with these programs
and
hope they build on other arches since I don't have any testing hardware.

The fix here should be simple; can you edit the Makefile and do:
-CFLAGS
=-DX86 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -Wall
-pipe
+CFLAGS
=-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -Wall -pipe

IIRC, the default optimisation that should be used in Debian packages
should be O2, not O3; also, there are some restriction regarding the
compilation flags which are allowed because the package should build
on all supported arches.

I'm hoping that'll be all it needs. If it builds then, I'll do something in
debian/rules to have this handled magically.

EddyP