Re: How do we call ourselves? I thought it was "Debian Games Team" :-/

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 11:14:03PM +0300, Eddy Petri??or wrote:
> >That would include pioneers, which should be removed from the repository.
> >I didn't get around to doing that, though.
>
> I don't understand, should it not be in Debian or in the SVN repo?

It shouldn't be in the pkg-games SVN.  It is maintained by me personally.  I
intended to move to team maintainance (and did actually set this list as the
maintainer), but after some discussion (upstream, where there are several
DDs), this was reverted.

> Currently, AFAICS it is not in Debian.

Yes it is.  The source package is called pioneers.

> Are there legal reasons not to continue working on pioneers?

No, I will continue working on it (both upstream and as maintainer), but
upstream (in particular my co-maintainers) and I decided that it made no sense
to move maintainance to the games team.

> > However, now I've tried and I can't
> >seem to access it anymore, which is strange.  I use
> >svn --username wijnen-guest co
> >svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-games/packages/pioneers pioneers
> >To just download the stuff to my computer at first.  However, it asks me
> >for a
> >password.  When I do ssh wijnen-guest@svn.debian.org, I get in without
> >problems (because I put my public key on the machine).
>
> Why not change the password from the alioth web interface? I _think_
> is possible.

I could try that, thanks.

> >If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, that'd be welcome.
>
> IIRC there are two different machines which are in fact alioth.d.o.
> Something similar was discussed some time ago about propagation of
> keys from the web interface to svn.debian.org.

Well yes, but my ssh connection to svn.debian.org works fine, it only doesn't
when I try it through svn.  That surprises me.

> >If someone would please remove pioneers from the repository, that would be
> >welcome as well. :-)
>
> Isn't anybody else intersted in packaging this?

I'm still interested, and will continue packaging it.  Just not in the team.

Thanks,
Bas