Re: cube-data package

Francesco Poli wrote:

> An alternative could be persuading upstream to relicense both engine
> (client+server) and data in a DFSG-free manner.

That has been tried more than once and failed every time. The author
does not want to do that and has stated very clearly that he will never
ever do that.

> Cube looks impressive, but there are other games that are both
> technically good *and* DFSG-free: I don't see a reason why Cube should
> "of course" be non-free...

There are plans to fork Cube inside Debian and replace data files with
free content, but I am not sure if anyone is actually working on it.

Yes, this is the only possible alternative. See pkg-games-devel mailing
list for details.