Debian QuakeForge package restructuring

I suspect one of the archive maintainers will be hemorrhaging over this,
but the Quake packages are being restructured.  Yes, again, I realize we
just went through this a year ago.  =)

Essentially, QuakeForge 0.1 did things badly.  Incompatibly.  The entire
try has been mostly rewritten and then completely rewritten again after
that since 0.1 and the things we do are no longer a hack.  Unfortunately,
your ~/.quake directories are not easily reused automatically.  The new
packages use ~/.quakeforge which works very similar, but is now really
local user overrides to system files.  You'll have to copy over config
files and mods yourself since every time we tried to think up a good way
to clean up those directories for you someone would point out a reason we
couldn't do that.

Everything has been repackaged from the ground up.  QuakeForge has become
several trees and at least newtree and nuq will be uploaded to Debian.
newtree has also been given the special magic quakeforge package which
contains core files and depends on a few other things that might even come
close to giving you what you want when you install just that package.
Maybe.  Unfortunately, apt isn't an AI, so you'll probably have to install
some stuff yourself.

The alternatives are gone with the quake-lib packages.  The new quake-data
packages use a script found in the quakeforge package to register which
games are available so we can give you a pretty menu and all.  Sorry, it's
not debconf.  Look at the X server selection stuff for the reason.  I'd
rather not get asked 10 times durring an upgrade whether or not I'm sure I
want the choice I picked.  If it ever becomes possible to cleanly do it in
debconf I will switch.  Anyway, I took the opportunity to repackage the
quake-lib stuff while I was at it for the sake of clarity.

qf-data-shareware and qf-data-openquartz are uploaded now.  qf-data-stub
and qf-data-proxyasm (a GPL'd nearly complete TC - it needs about 3 files
from Quake which we can easily replaced) will be uploaded after I've
gotten some sleep.  I'm not working on the latter yet and the former I'm
going to try and maintain an upgrade path from quake-lib-stub, which needs
testing.  I'm holding off on the engine upload for a patch or two being
worked on now, so the rest of the stuff will sit in incoming for at least
a few hours.  (Besides, the packages are new and AFAIK new packages still
require manual intervention, see above comment about hemorrhaging..)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<dark> Culus: Building a five-meter-high replica of the Empire State
       Building with paperclips is impressive.  Doing it blindfolded is
       eleet.