reminder: /var/lib/games is obsolete!

Hi,

I'm hoping that this reaches a reasonable percentage of Debian's game
maintainers.  I just want to remind people that the FHS has obsoleted
/var/lib/games in favor of /var/games.  This is not new (/var/games
appeared when /var/state appeared, but didn't disappear like
/var/state), but it doesn't seem to be something that very many people
have noticed, judging by my /var/lib/games dir.

I'm going to start filing some quiet bugs against games that continue
to use /var/lib/games before long, but I wanted to give people a
heads-up first.

To make the transition gracefully, you may need to move existing
files.  My xbomb package may offer some useful hints here.

If you need to, using symlinks (to /var/games) might be an acceptable
intermediate solution, as that would at least be FHS-compatible
(although not FHS-compliant).

cheers
--
Chris Waters      |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org  |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single