Hi,

Last year, we had the opportunity to hold 3 work meetings in Extremadura,
Spain, sponsored by the regional goverment.
I would like to thank César and all the Linex people for hosting us.

Here is a summary of what we achieved at the meetings.

october meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Debian Edu team met and worked on the release of Debian Edu / Skolelinux 3.0r1
"Terra". You can read the release announcement at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/12/msg00003.html
One of the major results of the Debian Edu meeting was that GNU/LinEx has started
to be merged into Debian Edu. Please see http://lwn.net/Articles/242939/
for more details.
At the same event, the FAI and Debian Science teams also met.

november meeting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the largest of the three meetings, the QA, VoIP and Zope teams met
in Mérida.

The Zope team worked on Plone version 3 using a new packaging infrastructure.
This makes it possible to prepare new Plone releases in a semi-automated way,
so that a new release can be uploaded several hours after upstream releases it.
At the same time, a few security-related bugs have been fixed in
zope-common and zope-debhelper, the basic packages for the Zope packaging
in Debian.

The VoIP team had a bug squashing session and went through the list of packages
from their repository evaluating their status.

From the QA team there were 2 mails:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/12/msg00004.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/12/msg00005.html

december meeting

Concurrently with the Hispalinux X conference, the Qt/KDE and i18n teams met
in Cáceres. There were report mails from both teams in this list:

Qt/KDE: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/01/msg00001.html
i18n: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/01/msg00002.html

We will have more meetings this year. More info at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/02/msg00003.html

Ana