Re: Debian machine usage policy

Joey Hess wrote:
  >Oliver Elphick wrote:
  >> I suggest also, that we add to the policy:
  >>
  >>   Debian facilities should not be used for developing non-DFSG software,
  >>   without approval by the DPL after consultation on the devel or private
  >>   lists.
  >>
  >> Other policies prohibit commercial use, but non-DFSG is a wider category.
  >
  >This would mean that people arn't allowed to use project machines for
  >building non-dfsg free packages. It could even be interpreted to mean that
  >the autobuilders for other architectures, that run on debian machines,
  >cannot be used to port non-free packages to other architectures.

What I had in mind was developing new software that was non-compliant
rather than building packages that are already in the archive.  For
instance, we host cvs for several projects.  Would you want us to do
that for non-free software?

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast,