Re: Debian machine usage policy

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> I suggest also, that we add to the policy:
>
>   Debian facilities should not be used for developing non-DFSG software,
>   without approval by the DPL after consultation on the devel or private
>   lists.
>
> Other policies prohibit commercial use, but non-DFSG is a wider category.

This would mean that people arn't allowed to use project machines for
building non-dfsg free packages. It could even be interpreted to mean that
the autobuilders for other architectures, that run on debian machines,
cannot be used to port non-free packages to other architectures.

That is a violation of the social contract, which states, "we provide
infrastructure (such as our bug-tracking system and mailing lists) for
non-free software packages"

Now, if someone is building the non-free equivilant (in compile resources)
of X on a debian machine, and Branden needs to use that machine to build X,
an admin would surely be justified in bumping the former person off. But
this is just prioritizing.

--
see shy jo