Re: Debian machine usage policy

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> I suggest also, that we add to the policy:
>   Debian facilities should not be used for developing non-DFSG software,
>   without approval by the DPL after consultation on the devel or private
>   lists.
> Other policies prohibit commercial use, but non-DFSG is a wider category.

This would mean that people arn't allowed to use project machines for
building non-dfsg free packages. It could even be interpreted to mean that
the autobuilders for other architectures, that run on debian machines,
cannot be used to port non-free packages to other architectures.

That is a violation of the social contract, which states, "we provide
infrastructure (such as our bug-tracking system and mailing lists) for
non-free software packages"

Now, if someone is building the non-free equivilant (in compile resources)
of X on a debian machine, and Branden needs to use that machine to build X,
an admin would surely be justified in bumping the former person off. But
this is just prioritizing.

see shy jo