Re: Upcoming Debian 2.0 Release

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

> binutils 23153 strip: stripped binary(executable) dumping core.
> [42] (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)

This has already been downgraded to normal.  It's not fixed, but we
have a workaround: Just don't compile the packages that demonstrate
the problem with "-g", and don't strip them.

> emacs20 24236 emacs20, postrm is broken.. [12] (Rob Browning
> <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>)

This one has been closed.  It should be fixed in the latest package.

> cvs-pcl 22577 compile of pcl-cvs.el fails (cannot load
> &quot;cookie&quot;) [59] (Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>)

I hate to have to remove this, but it can (currently) get things into
a nasty state.  It's not a cvs-pcl problem, but rather an
emacsen-common problem.  I'm working on the fix, but it's complicated,
and it won't be done for a while.

I guess we can remove it.  People that need it can get it from
unstable and be careful to install elib before cvs-pcl...