Re: Packages: an average 66321 bytes per line of description

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:46:19AM +0200, Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de> was heard to say:
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:15:29PM -0500, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> was heard to say:

> >>When the sentence in question is the one that goes in the short
> >>description, and already fills the available space without prepending
> >>"runtime files for foo "?  Is the concern here with the short descs (I
> >>don't expect much from short descs of affiliate packages), or with the
> >>long descs?
> >   Long descriptions.  See, eg,
> >   libchipcard20-dev
> So this should read like:
 This packages [sic] contains the development files for libchipcard20.
 .
>  libchipcard20 provides an API for accessing smartcards. Examples are memory
>  cards, as well as HBCI (home banking), German GeldKarte (electronic
 small change), and KVK (health insurance) cards.
 The upstream homepage is <http://www.libchipcard.de/>.
> ?

  That looks good with a little editing.  (s/packages/package/ is the
main thing I see)

  Daniel

|               I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.                |
\------- (if (not (understand-this)) (go-to http://www.schemers.org)) --------/