Re: Packages: an average 66321 bytes per line of description

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:15:29PM -0500, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> was heard to say:
> > Not all of it, but you can't object to duplicating a single sentence saying
> > what it is.
>
> When the sentence in question is the one that goes in the short
> description, and already fills the available space without prepending
> "runtime files for foo "?  Is the concern here with the short descs (I
> don't expect much from short descs of affiliate packages), or with the
> long descs?

  Long descriptions.  See, eg,

  bnlib1-dev (not the problem discussed above, but still has problems
              with its description)
  imlib1-dev
  libast2-dev
  libcdaudio0-dev
  libcelsius-dev
  libchipcard20-dev

  Daniel

|                       I haven't lost my mind,                               |
|                       I know exactly where I left it.                       |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/