Re: Packages: an average 66321 bytes per line of description

Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:15:29PM -0500, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> was heard to say:
>
>>>Not all of it, but you can't object to duplicating a single sentence saying
>>>what it is.
>>
>>When the sentence in question is the one that goes in the short
>>description, and already fills the available space without prepending
>>"runtime files for foo "?  Is the concern here with the short descs (I
>>don't expect much from short descs of affiliate packages), or with the
>>long descs?
>   Long descriptions.  See, eg,
>   libchipcard20-dev
So this should read like:
 libchipcard20 provides an API for accessing smartcards. Examples are memory
 cards, as well as HBCI (home banking), German GeldKarte (electronic
 small change), and KVK (health insurance) cards. This package contains
 all you need to develop for libchipcard20, namely includes etc.
 Upstream homepage is <http://www.libchipcard.de/>.
?

I'll update the description, but I don't know what get's said there that hasn't
been said before.

Cheers

T.