Re: Status of Sarge Release Issues (Updated for June)

Hoi ..

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 07:24:02PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 10:24:01AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> If I recall corretly, it is in contrib because of the lack of a proper
>> java.  Getting it to compile with gcc java would solve that problem,
>> and I believe I've heard that RedHat already got that working.
>RedHat used gcj for the java build tools and killed off the java
>binding.

Yes .. that is right. But there was a very evil hack for exluding Java
from the build process ....

We have had a look to get it into the debian-package, but it was
impossible.

		Regards

				Jan
--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..