Re: Status of Sarge Release Issues (Updated for June)

Hoi ..

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 09:19:19PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>> I'm a little confused; can you expand?  I know that OpenOffice uses
>> Java in several different ways, and I'm getting them confused; the
>> run-time need for Sun's JDK (e.g., in the help system?) is dropped in
>> the Debian packages already, correct?  Is the Java binding something
>> beyond that?
>Stock OpenOffice seem to be able to embedd java applets into documents.
>RedHat nuked this.

We are using Java at build time because it is needed. :(
So, we have a build-dependency on a non-free package, so OpenOffice.org
became a contrib-package.

Java is not neede by runtime. We deactivated it, too ....

	Regards
			Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..