Re: Status of Sarge Release Issues (Updated for June)

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 12:03:43PM +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > RedHat used gcj for the java build tools and killed off the java
> > binding.
>
> But they have recently arranged a deal with Sun in order to distribute
> Sun's JDK [1] so probably this won't be done for newer versions of OO in
> RH.

This is just a marketing-bundle with the enterprise versions.  I haven't
seen depencies to non-free tools in their base distro yet..

Any way, the patches are there now in their SRPMS and it doesn't matter
wha RH does in the future - Debian can just grab them.