Re: texmf.cnf again

From: "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org>
Subject: Re: texmf.cnf again
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:25:07 +0200

> $ kpsewhich cnf texmf.cnf
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
>  With that and the output of kpsepath cnf, as far as I can see,
>  /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf will be never read, will it?

If you answer "no" to the debconf question "Use automatic
generation of texmf.cnf with update-texmf?" then
/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf will be symlinked to /var/lib/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
and will be read.  Further, update-texmf would do nothing
because /var/lib/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf is a symlink but not
a normal file in this case, which would be a similar behavior
as you requested, IMHO.

Yes, this is completely unnecessary theoretically but this
could, practically, help some users in some cases to some
extents so I would provide it if no one claims it is a problem.