Re: Every spam is sacred

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 03:26:46PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Thursday, Jun 12, 2003, at 08:04 US/Eastern, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >You deliberately harm innocent people using these ISP just because
> >they use this ISP.
>
> Yeah, in the same sense I deliberately harm a telemarketer by refusing
> to buy his wares, getting an answering machine, or just hanging up on
> him.

Actually, it's in the same sense you'd deliberately harm innocent people
by refusing to answer their call just because their phone line is
managed by the same telco as the telemarketeer who called some unknown
stranger, and annoyed him.

Which seems pretty pointless to me. Spam sucks, but the goal does not
outweigh the means.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a