Re: automake/autoconf/libtool -- convince me

Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	I've also had problems where packages I've already uploaded
> have problems on X arch and simply updating to the latest files from
> autotools and running automake & family solves the build problems...

Right, config.sub and config.guess are the canoical example. Any
estimates on how many man-weeks of porter time has been wasted filing
bug reports on those?

Really, I'm sure the autobuilders spend even more time running
configure, and nobody has even seen the need to come up with a
system-level configure cache for them.

--
see shy jo