Re: security in testing

* Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org) wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:06:57AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > People are only going to bitch if you make it look like an
> > official part of Debian when it isn't, and rightly so.
>
> Why the hell do you think this should not be an official part of debian?

It may be eventually if it works out.  It doesn't need to be to begin
with.  The work certainly does not require the result being an official
part of Debian.  You seem to fail to understand that.

> > Debian provides you with all the tools you need.
>
> Debian does not provide you with credibility, though. I doubt a lot

You don't need to be part of Debian to do the work and to make it
available.

> > In the time you've spent on this thread you could have done it,
> > easily.
>
> If providing reliable testing security could be provided in the time
> I've spend on this thread, it have would already be done by the current
> security-team, I'm sure.

You took the comment out of context and then replied to it as that.  The
comment was that you could have created the repository, which is all
that being a DD would do for you (the Debian repository is already
created).  The work of providing reliable security updates for testing
would not have been done just because you were made a DD.

	Stephen