Re: security in testing

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:06:57AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org) wrote:

> People are only going to bitch if you make it look like an
> official part of Debian when it isn't, and rightly so.

Why the hell do you think this should not be an official part of debian?

> Debian provides you with all the tools you need.

Debian does not provide you with credibility, though. I doubt a lot
people would say: "Oh, that Michael Banck dude is doing sec-updates for
testing now. Although he's german, working on the hurd port, busy with
university and not actually running testing, I'm going to put his
APT-line in all of the 200 desktop machines running testing at our
company without thinking twice whether he can really live up to
expectations. Oh, it's not an official debian site. Well, I'm not
getting suspicious of *that* tiny bit"

> In the time you've spent on this thread you could have done it,
> easily.

If providing reliable testing security could be provided in the time
I've spend on this thread, it have would already be done by the current
security-team, I'm sure.

Michael