Re: Severity level for Binary Independent Packages

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 03:40:54PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:

>      My question was not specifically about this bug, but a general
> question regarding packages that will never be built by the
> autobuilders.

Your question made me want to see the bug to get some context.

Anyway, a package (of any kind) which does not correctly build from source
interferes with the user's ability to modify it, which is an important
service that we provide to our users.  All such bugs are important to fix,
in my opinion.

As to what is release critical, I believe that is more or less up to the
release manager, not debian-devel at large.

--
 - mdz