Re: /run/, resolvconf and read-only root

* Thomas Hood

| As an aside: If you want to criticize the proposal to create
| the /run/ directory then you are going to have to do better
| than label it "messy".  What is wrong with the reasons given
| for creating /run/, and what alternative to you favor?

I was taking the sysadmin's point of view.  And from that perspective,
since I don't need RO /, nor do I think having a few state files in
/etc is that bad, you are solving a non-problem with something that
is yet-another-directory-in-/-which-I-don't-need.  (/opt is another)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-