Re: [Moshe Zadka <m@moshez.org>] Independent Count

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:52, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:10:58 +0100,
> >> Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> said:
> >>
>  > I'm not suggesting secrecy.  I'm just suggesting that having a
>  > public arguement with someone when you are counting votes for them
>  > is not good practise.
>
> 	Would you care to see if there have been ever any such
>  incidents, either in the last vote or this one, before you call this
>  a "practise"?

Manoj, sorry for any offence caused by misunderstandings here.  The sentence
you responded to was not meant to imply that it was something you did
regularly (or even did on more than one occasion).

I was merely expressing the opinion that it is something you should seek to
avoid doing at all (which is something you seem to agree with).

> While it is not my policy to argue with, or express
>  opinions about candidates,

I believe that is the correct policy, and your description of it fits my past
observations of your actions.

> I reserve the rights to have
>  opinions-  and I make no claims of infallibility when it comes to
>  debates remaining in control.

That's understandable.  Anyone might have done the same thing in the same
situation.

> 	It is up to the project to judge how serious an infraction of
>  this policy ought to be treated.

You made a very minor mistake that anyone could make (and most people would
make more often than you).  You have stated a plan to avoid making such a
mistake in the future.  You have adequately addressed all concerns about
oversight of the voting process (the issue of the original complaint).

There's nothing else to be done here.  As far as I am concerned the issue is
resolved.